Sunday, January 17, 2010

Twilight

Wait Wait Wait! Don't roll your eyes just jet! I'm not starting a whle blog on the Twilight Saga! I know that there are millions of it already. But believe me, I don't blame the people who wrote them. The Twilight Saga was/is/will always be brilliant! As wil Stephenie Meyer.

I read the whole Saga (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn) in one week. I know that there are some fast readers out there, so one week for four novels seem a bit long, but for me it was quite quick. After that I had to watch the movie AGAIN, but then I felt the need to read the books AGAIN! I'm currently busy with "The Host" (also by Stephenie Meyer) and when I'm done I will probably read the Saga AGAIN!

Some of you might find it stupid to read a book over and over again, but it's not stupid for me. First of all, the second time I read the books, I noticed more details which I missed the first time around. Secondly, I love the way the books make me feel. I am a person who really live myself into a book.

(Once, I read a book about a girl who cannot stop shoplifting. I couldn't sleep the night I started the book, for my conscience was riding me like hel. I couldn't figure out why I felt so guilty untill I reached the part where the girl finally confessed all that she has done! I then realised that I was feeling guilty for the crimes that was done by a fictional character)

Thus, whenever I read the Saga, I feel as if the person I love, is not only going to be there until we die, but that we are going to be together forever! Imagine having the people you cared about most with you, not only 60 or 70 years, but thousands!

I truly believe that life is short! I know that I will never get to do all the things I want to do in just one lifetime, but imagine what you can do if you are imortal.

Reading these books makes me realize that I'm not going to live forever, therefore I have to start living my dreams. It also makes me realize that I have to love my family more, because I only have a maximum of 70 years (If I ever get to be 95 years old).

I majored in English Literature when I did my Education degree, but never in my 4 years of study did I ever read any book which spoke to me more than these 4 novels. Stephenie Meyers will always be a legend and role-model in my eyes. I wanted to be a writer since I can remember. But I never did anything about my dream. These books inspire me to follow my dreams now, because I realise that I don't have untill the end of time.

[Thanks Stephenie Meyer for making me realise these things. Maybe, one day, you will read one of my novels!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Neikie's dreams! All your comments are well-apreciated.

Enjoy your day!

Neikie